Tuesday 9 October 2012

Juicing Day 10 and Pumpkin Soup Recipe

I feel good today. I'm down a total of 9 pounds so far =D I'm not that hungry anymore, which is great, but I have to remind myself to drink my juices. I had a beet and tomato juice today and I actually liked it, which is amazing because I used to HATE beets. To me, the smelled like dirt, and tasted like dirt (not that I've eaten dirt before lol). They still smell like dirt to me, but the juice was yummy and sweet. My taste buds are definitely changing! This former vegetable hater is starting to love them <3

Yesterday I made Pumpkin Soup with the pumpkin half that I used for stuffing. The cooking time for stuffing was about 30 minutes, but the pumpkin was still hard, so I stuck it in the oven for another good while, probably about 45 minutes, until it was nice and soft. Then I cut it into slices and peeled the slices, and cut the slices into cubes. I wanted to experiment with the spices in this soup. I know that, of course, pumpkin pie spices would be good, and also that curry would go well, so I combined the two spices. I'm still fasting, so I didn't get to taste test it yet, but it smelled yummy, and Mom liked it.



Pumpkin Soup

1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrots
3 cups water
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp.cloves
1/2 tsp.  cloves
2 tsp. curry
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 salt-free vegetable bouillon cube
3 cups cooked cubed pumpkin

Combine the onion, carrots, water, and spices in a large pot. Boil on  high for about an hour, until the liquid is reduced and beginning to thicken. Let cool.

Add the pumpkin to the soup. Puree, in batches if necessary. Pour back into pot. Heat and enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment