Saturday 29 September 2012

Juicing

So, I won't be posting any blogs about food, cooking, and recipes for a while. Tomorrow, I'm beginning a juice fast.

What is a juice fast?

A juice fast is when you consume ONLY fresh, usually homemade, fruit and vegetable juice. Juice fasts last anywhere from one meal to 90 days. I originally got the idea to juice fast after watching the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". This documentary tell the story of Joe Cross, who went on a 60-day juice fast. He lost a ton of weight and cured an autoimmune disease he'd had for years.

My major goals for this fast are to lose weight, and to have more energy. It would also be amazing if this helped my headaches - despite the surgery, they still occur often, if not constantly. It would also be great if this sped up the healing of my nerves that were damaged during surgery.

My plan is to make enough juice for two days at a time, which is about 4 litres.

This is my juice for Sunday (tomorrow) and Monday

I made 2 liters of green juice (apples, cucumber, celery, swiss chard, lime, and ginger); 1 liter of apple-orange juice; and 1 liter of mixed vegetable juice (apple, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, celery).

So, here goes! I'm excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment